Was searching my back garden with my metal detector, found quite a few coins. Most were just copper coins that were from the 1980s, but I did manage to find a One Shilling Coin dated 1960. It's in bad condition, but still a decent find. I might get back out there in a few days and search the rest of the garden. I put this coin into a glass of Coca Cola because i read somewhere that it cleans it really well, but it didn't work..Does anyone know what to use in order to get a coin clean..Soapy water, which was used on this one doesn't bring it up very clean..Or maybe I should just use water and then leave it for preservation reasons..
Friday, 27 November 2009
One Shilling Coin Find
One Shilling Coin Find
Was searching my back garden with my metal detector, found quite a few coins. Most were just copper coins that were from the 1980s, but I did manage to find a One Shilling Coin dated 1960. It's in bad condition, but still a decent find. I might get back out there in a few days and search the rest of the garden. I put this coin into a glass of Coca Cola because i read somewhere that it cleans it really well, but it didn't work..Does anyone know what to use in order to get a coin clean..Soapy water, which was used on this one doesn't bring it up very clean..Or maybe I should just use water and then leave it for preservation reasons..
Was searching my back garden with my metal detector, found quite a few coins. Most were just copper coins that were from the 1980s, but I did manage to find a One Shilling Coin dated 1960. It's in bad condition, but still a decent find. I might get back out there in a few days and search the rest of the garden. I put this coin into a glass of Coca Cola because i read somewhere that it cleans it really well, but it didn't work..Does anyone know what to use in order to get a coin clean..Soapy water, which was used on this one doesn't bring it up very clean..Or maybe I should just use water and then leave it for preservation reasons..
Metal Detecting, Garrett Ace 250
One Shilling Coin Find
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Trending Posts
-
Metal Detecting - Bent Spade I needed a good spade that could fit into a large bag, so i though a good quality fold away spade would do th...
-
Latest Metal Detecting Finds Since the last time i went to my new metal detecting site i have been itching to get back over there. The la...
-
One Shilling Coin Find Was searching my back garden with my metal detector, found quite a few coins. Most were just copper coins that were...
-
How Deep Can The Ace 250 Go? Recently I have been reading other peoples reviews about the Garrett Ace 250 Metal Detector. The reviews I ...
-
Latest Metal Detecting Adventure The last time i went out to do some metal detecting I was stopped in my tracks, first by my usual site b...
-
Just Ordered A C-Scope CS 1MX Detector I have been without a metal detector for a little while now. I sold my Garrett Ace 250 a few months...
-
Calling All Midlands Farm Land Owners I wanted to throw this out there just on the off chance that someone that owns land in Birmingham, C...
-
Went out for a metal detect yesterday up on an old dirt mount covered with trees and bushes..After getting a strong signal from the Ace 250 ...
-
Old Metal Button Finds Recently, I have yet again been back to some of my old sites. One site in particular, which the last time I went to...
-
Metal Detecting - Found The Same Item Went out for another little metal detect today, being pushed for time, and with it getting dark here...
7 comments:
UK Coin.
use a damp cloth to clean a coin. do not use any chemicals or soaps
nice find
Your doing something right. Happy hunting
Your doing something right. Happy hunting
good little find. the ace250 is a super sharp coin finder
I USE BRILLO TO CLEAN MY COINS
BRINGS THEM UP SPARKLING CLEAN
Post a Comment