Sunday 8 August 2010

Metal Detector Find

Metal Detector Find

Been to another new metal detecting site recently. Seems like a good site. But as with every place I go to there all very big, and will require much more then one visit to get anywhere near searching the whole site. Also with the Garrett Ace 250, most places I go, as soon as I start swinging the coil I'm getting good signals, and I can't not dig them. So I end up covering very little ground but digging loads of signals, mostly junk. But if I don't dig them I'll never know that they were junk and be left wondering if I have left something of value there. Catch 22 situation.

Anyway, here is the site I was at. It's about 10 miles from where I live and it's huge. I only hunted the actual land you can see in both these photos. I have to park my car very far away too as there's nowhere else to park it that's nearer.



At this site I found a few things. A few bits of junk, many phantom signals, which were quite irritating because I was getting attacked by Mosquitos! Next time I won't go just wearing a t-shirt! I did manage to find an old coin, but It was so badly corroded that it's totally bald! No marks at all. See the pictures below. I also found an old button, but I'm still trying to clean it up. I can see it's got writing on the back but it's very hard to read. It says "gilt", next to that a star *, then it says something else which I can't make out. Looks pretty old, possibly from early 1900's.

Here is the old coin




Until the next time..

http://ground-detector.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

abc said...

TREASURE!

Trending Posts